We have an exciting opportunity for a proven ER Specialist to join a high growth technology business on a fixed term contract.
The business is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets, providing market-leading infrastructure in addition to custody, trading and prime brokerage solutions. Their culture is based on innovation, enthusiasm and above all else collaboration.
We're looking for an Employee Relations expert to join our rapidly growing People Team. As the team have grown, the People Team is growing to support all employees and hiring managers within the business and we are looking for an ER expect to join the team at this exciting time. Working across all global entities in the UK, US and Singapore, your responsibilities will include:
* Creating and reviewing our current policies and ensuring they comply with current legislation
* Provide advice and support that takes into account the relevant facts, current employment law, policies and/or the Procedural Agreement Ensure service delivery is aligned to the department operational rules and standards, whilst ensuring consistency across the business.
* When needed support on medium to low risk cases and act as a buddy/mentor to other colleagues in the Management team
* Lead on various cases including, but not limited to investigations, disciplinaries, grievances and performance management processes.
* As and when needed support the settlement processes, working in partnership with your internal stakeholders
Your experience, skills and knowledge - what we need from you:
* You will be an ER specialist and have considerable experience working on a variety or ER cases.
* Experience in policy drafting and implementing policy within an business
* Excellent knowledge and demonstrable practical experience of advising employees, line managers and business owners in all aspects of HR & Employment Law covering multiple cases that are factually & legally complex at any one time.
* HR/Employment Law qualification such as CIPD Level 7 or a suitable equivalent.
* Experience of working in a fast paced, high transaction, process & risk focused environment that requires precision, pace and a solution orientated approach at all times.
* Exceptional communication, stakeholder management and customer service skills.
* Ability to work seamlessly and effectively with both your immediate team and departments outside your immediate team.
* Demonstrate a growth mindset at all times.
The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.