HR Business Partner (Organisational Development)
£50,000 - £55,000
Hybrid Working- Office based in Hounslow/ /Heathrow area (Parking on-site)
Travel: Occasional travel to various airports including Manchester (around once a month - all expenses paid)
Company: Established, global business active in over 150 airports through 21 countries worldwide.
Key Relationships: ▪ HR Team ▪ Operations Managers ▪ Employees ▪ Senior Management ▪ Trade Unions ▪ External Suppliers
Main Purpose of The Job: In this exciting new role to the HR team, you will be no. 2 to the Head of HR and play a key role in maximising site and department performance through the effective deployment of HR plans, initiatives, policies, guidance and support. You'll be integral to ensuring legal compliance, to minimise risk and support the Management team(s) through employment life cycle in a best practice manner. You'll support the development of a values based culture through all activities. You'll also have the responsibility of being a coach and mentor the HR Advisor and other members of the HR team.
Areas of accountability:
Engagement & Communication:
- Lead on the development of Your Voice action plans in conjunction with the business and support the implementation and continual review of progress against them.
- Support the business in developing employee communication bodies to build a strong communication platform across all departments
Learning & Development:
- Develop a training needs analysis for non-technical and soft skills training, collated through informal and formal performance reviews and source appropriate training delivery methods.
- Lead the design and deployment of HR essential workshops, including performance management, disciplinary, grievance, investigation skills and attendance management) to support the development of current management and managers of the future.
- To support and lead (where required) on the implementation of business specific projects associated with driving improvements spanning all core areas within the HR domain.
Service Delivery & Management Information:
- Actively support and contribute to the centralisation and standardisation of the HR ways of working in order to build clear areas of responsibility between Line Mangers, HR and Employees.
- Work with site and department management, using management information and undertaking analysis to inform decision-making in support of increased business profitability and efficiency. Work with HR Advisor to develop action focus plans to address key areas.
- Lead continuous policy review process in conjunction with the HR Advisor and Project Co-ordinator to ensure legal compliance, standardisation and relevant consultation is undertaken
- Provide support and mentorship on case work to ensure that it is delivered in a timely manner and concluded to an appropriate standard / resolution. Provide HR Support at any stage of the process to ensure impartiality.
- Proactively identify opportunities to work collaboratively with union representatives and employee representatives to resolve issues and to create a positive and productive employee relations culture.
Talent & Resourcing:
- Support the development of robust succession plans to meet short and long term objectives.
- Provide support on Recruitment activity as and when required to attract Talent of the future
- Highlight to the Head of HR any potential risks and mitigation plans to deliver implementation of specific people policies, plans or processes
- Undertake any other duties deemed reasonable as and when required
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
- Training needs analysis and training delivery
- Improvements in people KPIs i.e. turnover, engagement, absence, appraisal completion
- Stakeholder feedback
- Case work closed efficiently and timely
- Your Voice engagement scores and progression against Action Plans
Health and Safety Requirements:
- Actively participate in improving health and safety in the Company by making suggestions in these matters to the Head of HR or Safety Representative
- Adhere to the Company Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental policies
- Follow all policies, procedures and safety systems of work (SSOW)in line with the ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 management system framework
- Adhere to compliance obligations, needs and requirements
- Be aware of the key business risks and how they are controlled as identified by the Company Integrated Management System (IMS)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong HR knowledge and legal compliance
- Confidence to influence and challenge
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business
- Good at multi-tasking and prioritising
- Demonstrable experience working at Business Partner level with multiple stakeholders across multiple sites
- Proven experience of HR training design and delivery
- Experience of leading change management activities
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Key experience of end to end HR experience within designated client group
- Generalist HR experience
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.