Senior HR Business Partner, Energy Sector.
£50,000 - £60,000 + bonus, excellent pension, 25 days holiday + other benefits including hybrid working
South Oxford (Harwell) 2 - 3 days a week and Winfrith (Dorset) 2 - 3 days a month, the rest working from from home
Are you a HR business partner looking for a move where you can really make an impact and deliver on meaningful projects? Do you have experience within industrial sector, or are looking to move into this space with a forward-thinking organisation?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HRBP to join an exciting organisation within the energy sector. You will have the opportunity to lead the area's team of 3 HR managers, be responsible for positively contributing to achieving business objectives and values, consistently, effectively, and efficiently. You will also be providing leadership in operational HR activity; including the development and delivery of a professional HR Service.
- Support the local population of around 350 employees across the two sites.
- Responsible for delivering hands on, day to day HR generalist support across all areas of HR including ER, Policy, engagement, reward, L&D, succession, talent and recruitment.
- Your role will be to partner with the senior leaders and site Directors and also support all employees on site.
- Driving the people agenda for the two sites, working on harmonising and collaboration.
- You will negotiate with Trade Unions, work mostly including contract harmonisation and friendly negotiations
- Always keep up to date with legislation, undertake local audits when needed
- You will work on projects as and when required but please note, this is a hands on, operational role and although will include delivery of the organisation's strategy, is not a strategic role per-se.
- You will act as an internal consultant, providing appropriate levels of challenge and guidance on a range of workforce issues, ensuring that Senior Leaders understand and fully engage with HR processes and activities and those consistent approaches are applied to ensure best value solutions are achieved.
- Represent the Company in internal and external forums / networks to support continuous improvement and share experience and promote best practice.
- You will be able to manage your own diary between these sites and the rest of the time working from home
- You will be able to make a difference, bring with you a strong HR background and work as part of the wider HR team.
You will be providing mat leave for the first 12 months; however this is a permanent role within the organisation and will have a position ready at the end of leave.
Skills and experience
- Strong generalist HR Business Partner experience including knowledge of employment legislation and regulatory requirements
- Experience working with trade unions
- You will be a driven individual with experience within industrial sector
- You will be flexible and able to travel between sites when needed
- You will have strong influencing skills and have people management experience
- CIPD qualification is highly desirable
To be considered, please apply online.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.