I'm pleased to be supporting a global Professional Services firm with the search for their Interim Senior HR Program Manager. Working as part of the integrated Global HR Operations team you will hold a dual role as the Senior HR Program Manager, overseeing a team of project managers and analysts in the delivery of significant processes and systems, as well as managing Finance processes within the function. This includes managing the HR Function budget, including benefits, of $120m.
This role combines your leadership, operational and business knowledge to ensure delivery of an exceptional end user experience in support of our business objectives.
As the Senior HR Program Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the HR portfolio of programs and projects to support strategic objectives, as well as the financial management of the function.
Reporting into the Global HR Operations Director you will be a key member of the Global HR Operations team, developing and owning the HR roadmap to support the objectives set by the Firm, the broader People team and cross-functional operations. You will work with the Centers of Expertise Leaders to understand and prioritise the activities of the function, and you will work collaboratively with the Senior HR Operations, HRIS and HRSS Managers to deliver and embed significant change activity. Given the impact of HR projects on business operations, the Regional COOs will also be key stakeholders.
You will also be responsible for owning and coordinating the annual budgeting process for the function: leading budgeting discussions with the HR Leadership Team, liaising with the Finance function, and leading the management of the expenses (cost) process within HR.
You will manage a team of program/project managers and business analysts, as well as a HR finance resource to support.
- Be accountable for the development and delivery of the Global HR Operations portfolio and projects bringing new and significant change to BAU activities across the business
- Lead the annual budgeting process and manage monthly cost reviews for the function
- Actively participate in the HR Operations Leadership team
- Chair governance meetings to control and direct the Global HR Operations Portfolio delivery (scope, time, cost, quality), collaborating where necessary with other HR Operations Leadership team members and wider HR team members
- Escalate any key recommendations, decisions and issues to Global HR Operations Director and Chief People Officer accordingly
- Be the Global HR Operations point of contact, at the portfolio level, for country-level business and operations staff as well as global HR, Finance, and other business users impacted by the portfolio
- Manage internal stakeholders up to and including the CPO, CIO, RCOO's and Regional HRD level
- Oversee the development of the Global HR Operations Portfolio & Program Management methodology as part of the HR Operations OMS as well as its alignment with other firm-wide standards
- Build a network with other project and program leaders in the organisation (e.g. Knowledge project management)
- Ensure the portfolio team is staffed by suitably qualified and experienced practitioners to deliver the portfolio; coach and develop team members, if required
- Actively manage and maintain an Organisational Change Management Strategy and Plan for portfolio delivery
- 15+ years' experience supporting business-led change programs, preferably within a global organization or recognised management consultancy
- Strong track record of portfolio, program and project delivery, managing operating budgets in excess of $500k
- Good understanding of budgeting and cost management processes, ability to facilitate and manage these processes
- Good working knowledge of the HR 'hire to retire' process lifecycle and operating models (desirable)
- Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders at all levels within and external to White & Case
- Self-starter and comfortable working in fluid operating environments
- Educated to graduate/post-graduate level (or equivalent)
- Program Management Certification (desirable)
- Experience in working internationally and cross culturally
- Flexible to be able to travel and work globally, as and when required Team leadership
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- Ability to understand the commercial and business context of the legal sector
- Ability to see the big picture and act accordingly
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and clearly communicate observations and recommendations
- Solid and effective written and oral communication skills
- Good communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Client service focus
- Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative
- Team player
- Credible professional presence and driven by professional growth
- Fluency in English
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.